Paws For Life Cat Team Adoption Events
Petco — Knightdale ()
- Punkin: This gorgeous 2 year old young man with the flaming red hair looks like a Persian kitty but is smaller in size. He likes to "head butt" you when you feed him and enjoys laying in your lap. His second favorite thing (besides eating) is to knead his bed with his big paws. He just looks so adorable when he does that. He is a shy guy so a quiet home would be best for him. His docile nature and good looks makes him the perfect cat for a single, couple or senior person. See his WRAL Pet Of The Day Debut
- Cheeto: This slim "ginger boy" is affectionate and loves to be loved on by his people. He likes other kitties, so he would do great in a home with another kitty or even a cat savvy dog! He just doesn't like to be alone. He would do well with children because he is gentle and doesn't bite or scratch when picked up.
- Hope: Hope and her sister Grace were born to a stray - but a nice lady brought the family inside and raised them with love. Hope is the sweetest girl. Very laid back but also playful. Loves to get attention and held like a baby for belly rubs and nose kisses. She has such a beautiful coat and a face that will melt your heart. She would love someone to give her lots of attention and love.
- Grace: Grace, Hope's sister, was also born to a stray - but a nice lady took both them in and raised them with love. We took them into our program to help find loving homes for them. Grace is a loving girl that loves attention. She is also curious about what is around her. She will come to you talking. If she is looking for her you can hear her walking around the house talking to find you. She loves to play with her sister and run throughout the house. If you are looking for a baby with tons of energy Grace is your girl!
Petco — Wake Forest ()
- Cyndel: Cyndel is absolutely one of the friendliest cats you will ever meet. She loves people, other cats, and even dogs. She never has a bad day.....she's always outgoing and loving. Since she has no fear of dogs, she needs to be around only cat friendly dogs. She's young (around 3 years old or quite possibly younger), very reliably litter box trained, and felv and fiv negative.
- Tammy: Tammy is a two and one half year old female tabby. She was rescued from Animal Control along with her five kittens on August 1, 2016. Now it is time for Tammy to find her forever home. Fitting in with personal after some time, and would probably fit in with a mature dog. She loves to play with ribbons, springs, toys on a stick and just finds things like kitties will do. She loves to go onto the screened in porch to watch the birds and sounds of nature. She has been spayed, micro chipped and is current on all her vaccinations. She is ready to go to a new home.
- Shyla: Shyla is a very sweet, quiet, and gentle girl who we rescued from a kill shelter. She is 1-2 years old. She is affectionate and likes to be petted although it might take her a moment to warm up to a stranger. She is playful and her favorite toy is a long piece of felt on a stick which she loves to chase. She does great with other cats. Shyla would do best in an adult home without small children. She is spayed, current on shots, dewormed, microchipped, and negative for Felv/fiv.
- Anna: 2yo 6lb - "The sweetest cat ever," claims Anna's foster mom. Rescued from a rural kill shelter, Anna is extremely friendly, affectionate, and wants nothing more than to be with her people. She has a sweet, soft chirp that she will let out when she's about to jump on your lap where she will settle in to cuddle and nuzzle. Anna's black fur is so velvet-soft that petting her will comfort you. Anna is only six pounds fully grown so she will always be a petite girl who is out of the frisky kitten stage. At two years old, Anna has great litter box manners, uses a scratching post if she even chooses to scratch anything, and loves soft treats. She has an absolutely delightful personality and is one of the most loving kitties you will ever meet. She is good with other cats but sometimes gets picked on due to her small size. She is not afraid of dogs, and loves people. She would be great as an only pet or with other pets who are very accepting of newcomers
Paws For Life Dog Team Adoption Events
Petco — Wake Forest ()
- Dougie: Hound/Shepherd; 68 lbs; loves his people; specializes in giving big sloppy kisses; good with kids & female dogs; has been cat tested, and did well!
- Gypsy: 3 yr old Lab mix; sweet, stoic nature; she has two speeds: all out or couch potato; she would LOVE a large fenced yard to run & play in; loves children & can live with other dogs & cats; she finds crates insulting; you can confidently leave her with run of the house with no worries of destruction… she will pretty much be where you left her
- Hershey: Lab/Rottweiler mix; cute little girl with an estimated birthday of 12/28/16
- Lucy: Beagle/Lab mix; 25 lbs; sweet, shy girl; dog & cat friendly; likes people but needs time to warm up to you; she is looking for a stable, quiet home and a desire to share your warm bed
- Xena: 2 yr old Boxer mix; shy but loving girl that LOVES attention & treats; great with other dogs & cats; loves to run and play; crate trained & house trained
Petsmart — Wake Forest ()
- Chi-Chi: A sweet senior Maltese/Cairn Terrier mix; she loves to give kisses and romp and play in the yard; potty trained; prefers to be the only dog since she has some food/resource-guarding behaviors, but can live with other dogs if they give her space; needs an adult only home or a home with older/teen children who can understand her fears and treat her accordingly – specifically, she doesn’t like her face or nose touched Read her story.
- Little Ricky: 1 yr old Boxer mix; loves his people & other dogs; a large fenced yard for him to run & play in would be good for his puppy energy; kid friendly, but may be too energetic and clumsy for young children
- Sam: Hound; 45 lbs; VERY SWEET boy; crate trained, but can be left uncrated with no worries; house trained; good on leash, but needs occasional motivation to keep walking once started; GREAT with kids of all ages
- Tito: 1 – 2 yr old Fox Hound; very affectionate and loves every dog and person he meets; loves to give kisses; good on leash; would do best with a fenced yard and another dog or an active family