We're available through various channels, if emailing, please choose a topic that best suits your needs to help get to the right volunteer!
Mail UsPaws For Life
P.O. Box 338
Youngsville, NC 27596
Franklin County Humane Society is a 501(c)3 nonprofit animal rescue that was formed in 2002 to help solve the problem of homeless dogs and cats in Franklin and Northern Wake Counties, NC. We have several programs that we run. SNIF (Spay Neuter In Franklin County), Cats For Hire and now in 2016 we started our animal rescue as Paws For Life Animal Rescue so we would not be confused with other Franklin County Organizations.
Our mission is to develop and maintain a strong network of local volunteers that will allow us:
- To have foster homes to take dogs and cats from Rural Shelters, provide them with food, love, and veterinary care, and find them forever homes.
- Educate the community about animal welfare.
- Reduce the number of homeless and abandoned animals in our area through our subsidized spay/neuter program, Spay and Neuter in Franklin County (SNIF).
The goal of our 100% volunteer group of animal lovers is to:
- Find every animal in our foster program a loving home.
- Stay financially sound.
- Educate our youth about animal welfare by creating a Homeless Pet Clubs in our schools.
- 2017 Shelter Counts Report for Intake and Adoptions
- In 2017, Paws for Life subsidized 133 Spay and Neuter Surgeries.
- 2016 Shelter Counts Report for Intake and Adoptions
- 2016 Lifesaving Ratio – 97.6% *
- In 2016, Paws for Life subsidized 282 Spay and Neuter Surgeries.
* A shelter’s Live Release Rate is the number of live outcomes divided by the number of total outcomes. PFL gives every animal in our care the time and support they need to find a loving home. However, because we take in some very vulnerable and sick animal, including newborn orphaned kittens, some of the animals in our care do pass away or are humanely euthanized to end suffering due to incurable disease. A small percentage of cats were transferred to other shelters for adoption or were lost cats returned to their owners.